Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ultrasonic range meter

Status
Not open for further replies.

bloody-orc

Hi there!
I'm planing to build a ultrasonic range meter for my robot.
I searching for easy schematics, that i could use with my pic(axe). Has anyone some good schematic?

aslo i would like to know, how is this programming done?
*pulseout
*reading?
*calculating the value into cm's(how do i do that?)
*sending data to lcd\PC(this is the part i know ;) )

any good links\tutorials?
all help is accepted.

do you know if it works also?
all other i have seen have a amp on the Tx part aswell. why is there none. And still when i use tjhis what should my software look like?

has anyone any idea on the schematic that those modules have? they are only 3pin'ers 1 for gnd 1 for v++ and one sends out pulses, that i mesure. is this hard to make? this would be ideal for me

I had a schematic like that from a McGraw-Hill book on BASIC Stamps. Their code was in BASIC of course, but it still might be useful. I'll check for thier link or a .gif for you if you're interested.

ok if it wors, then how should the software look like in the pic(axe)?
and also, why is the Tx connected to 2 output pins? can't i use only one?

ok this is written in language i can't understand. could someone make me a summary maybe? like what i must do. i saw a lot of nap'ing there... like what is this for etc. i dont need this lcd thingy also. i just need to get a mesurment in one byte in cm's

bloody-orc said:
why is the Tx connected to 2 output pins? can't i use only one?

It's a bridged output stage, it gives TWICE the drive voltage to the transducer - in this case, 10V p-p rather than 5V p-p - this gives four times the power output!.

You 'could' use just one pin, but only giving quarter the power.

oki-doki

but now the software problem.
What stages must i go through?
wrom where to where is this code sending\recieving the U\S beams? and how is it sending it?

**broken link removed**

bloody-orc said:
oki-doki

but now the software problem.
What stages must i go through?
wrom where to where is this code sending\recieving the U\S beams? and how is it sending it?

**broken link removed**

I don't see the problem?, the code is very well commented, with the transmit and receive routines clearly named.

yes for you it is easy, but i dont speak this language. for me it's chinease(i'm not from asia). i need it written in english.
like this:
pulseout 10ms pulse from pin 3
wait\nap\pause
togle pins
pulseagain something
wait\pause\nap
read something (what i must read? must i count or mesure? how?)
calculate (how?what?)

kinda basic but i use programming editor, the picaxe language, what is kinda like writing english. there is no calibrating or something like that. Thats why i need this. In the summer i plan to at least try to learn this basic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back