ultrasonic driver for this part

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr_Doggy

here is the datasheet i got with it off ebay for 20 or 40 $, my intention is to use a 40khz timer circuit feeding an AND gate which will feed my mosfet(497-3110-ND MOSFET N-CH 60V 350MA TO-92) but im not sure how much voltage to supply to the device, or how much current to supply,

am i reading it correct that its 1000v supply @ 50ma>?

Attachments

• BDdoc.doc
    477 KB · Views: 131
An AND gate won't provide enough current to charge/discharge the gate capacitance of the FET quickly enough to give clean switching at 40kHz. A lot of power will therefore be dissipated by the FET. An intermediate current amplifier stage is needed. Check out forum threads concerned with power inverters / power switching.
If the datasheet says 1000V (I haven't read the doc file) then that is what you should aim for for maximum drive capability: the specified FET can only handle 60V.

so what transistor should i use for this? i seen a schematic on the web that uses a hbridge, but i'd rather just double my source voltage if i can, would a BJT work better?

also please check that the datasheet says 1000v i think it does but i want to be sure, does that sound right?

MAYBE you would have a simple schematic that would work? again im gonna feed the pulses with an and gate..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…