Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Ultracapacitors have come a long way, and still going..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zack you gotta see the video of this , its hilarious..
in the pic its loaded and ready to go..
10 ...9...8... :lol:

Attachments

• picture_082.jpg
    picture_082.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 566
dangit. i don't have shockwave or whatever is needed to view that. doesn't come with linux, and im too lazy to download it over my 56k :lol:

oh well its really funny..btw it plays in its own viewer ..
thats one of my neo magnets nested in a coil of 17 gage wire..
and a little over 8 Amps , supplied by a 9.6 V royobi drill battery..

Zatch this uses Widonws Media Player to play.

But you can download it and play it in your player just find the link to the download in the html code.

Someone Electro said:
Zatch this uses Widonws Media Player to play.

But you can download it and play it in your player just find the link to the download in the html code.
I can't find the link in the html code!

Hi Zach,
I let it go into my internet cache then moved the video from there.

There is a big white square where the video would be I'm assuming, and it says it needs a plugin.

**broken link removed**

This is the direct link

just serach the code for the word ".wmv"This is windows video format.

Looking at the video again, I noticed that the projectile actually tore through the paper at the top.
So I am sorry, it is much better than a Mexican jumping bean. :oops:

You didnt lock close enugh. The paper is just bent out.The pojetile fals back down the tube if you didnt se that.But those must be some prety powerful magnets.

Someone Electro said:
You didnt look close enough. The paper is just bent out. The projectile falls back down the tube, you didnt see that. But those must be some pretty powerful magnets.
I looked and looked and looked again. I didn't see the projectile fall back down. It seems like it is gone (stuck in your ceiling).

The magnet isn't strong, it is the crocadile clips that must be strong. I don't use them for more than only 50mA. :lol:

You'd better be careful. The Department of Homeland Security would never allow the proliferation of such dangerous technology at home. It will soon be a viable threat to all forms of paper armor everywhere. They are watching you.

You do need HV to make a coilgun. The inductor's rise in current is proportional to the voltage on its terminals. At low voltage the current rises too slowly to be useful. If you had a lower inductance then of course the current rises much faster for a given voltage, but a one-turn coil would not produce a useful force.

The current driving capabilities of the source is only part of the requirements.

The second tup sound is the sound of the magnet bouncing off the book that is under the coill.

You need to step frame by frame to see it.

audioguru said:
I looked and looked and looked again. I didn't see the projectile fall back down. It seems like it is gone (stuck in your ceiling).

The Ultracap was so powerful it created a wormhole in the aether, and the projectile has been transported into parts unknown. Clearly just a copycat of Tesla's work.

Oznog said:
You'd better be careful. The Department of Homeland Security would never allow the proliferation of such dangerous technology at home. It will soon be a viable threat to all forms of paper armor everywhere. They are watching you.
i was wondering what that white van parked outside , was all about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back