Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ULN2083 - What are the alternatives?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tim_l_012

Hello to all readers,

I have been looking at this fan monitoring article:
**broken link removed**

And I want to know what are the alternatives to the IC that the author uses. The IC is the ULN2803 from Jameco, but I couldn't find it anywhere.

He describes it as a 18-pin IC, but I am not sure if I can use any 18-pin IC or not.

If someone could help me out here it would be very helpful.

Thanks in advance, :)

ULN2803 is 8-transistor current sink driver. Here in the circuit only 1 out of 8 transistor is used so you can use any other sink drivers like ULN2003 which are 7-transistor sink drivers and is easily available.

OK, Well the place I would be buying it from would be Dick Smith electronics in Australia.

I have had a look at the online product listing, and i have foun a 7 Way Darlington Driver. I did a search for ULN and thats what I got.

Could I use that?

http://www.dse.com.au

Thanks in advance, :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back