Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

tws-434 problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahart

Hi, i am working on a wireless project which i have never done before. Right now i am at the stage where I am just trying to get ones and zeros to show up on the receiving end so i can eventually program a microcontroller to do the rest of my project. Here is my problem. whenever i send a zero through my tws-434 chip, on my receiver chip all i can see is basically a zero with many many spikes of ones. Whenever i send 5v through the transmitter chip(a one) all i can see on my receiver chip is a zero with no spikes. so obviously some communication is occuring i just cant know exactly, If anyone has suggestions please respond.

ahart said:
Hi, i am working on a wireless project which i have never done before. Right now i am at the stage where I am just trying to get ones and zeros to show up on the receiving end so i can eventually program a microcontroller to do the rest of my project. Here is my problem. whenever i send a zero through my tws-434 chip, on my receiver chip all i can see is basically a zero with many many spikes of ones. Whenever i send 5v through the transmitter chip(a one) all i can see on my receiver chip is a zero with no spikes. so obviously some communication is occuring i just cant know exactly, If anyone has suggestions please respond.

You can't just send a continuous level through the transmitter, it doesn't work, you need to send data - and you must'nt have a continuous carrier for more than a certain length of time. Manchester coding is commonly used, this maintains equal numbers of zero's and one's.

I've used inverted 5V RS232 directly from a PIC to a transmitter, it had to be inverted because the transmitter wouldn't send a continuous one.

i am using a ht640 interfacing with a tws434 and transmitting signals. at the receiver end i get the output from rws and feed it into the ht648l but its not working. but if i directly connect the dout of the ht640 and the din of the 648l its perfectly working. is ther any other way where i can check that is my tws and rws are working or not?

When working with TX and RX modules you should have a meter or more distance between them as you will get signal swamping each other.

What antenna do you have on these.

The RX module has power saving built in and will go to a low power state if data has not been received in a short period of time, and will often require a wakeup signal prior to the actual data being sent, or the data will end up corrupted.

I find the easiest way is to use a micro to start with so you know exactly what code you are sending out and exactly what code to look for on the RX end.

Pete.

thanks buddy i figured out the problem. i have one more doubt. can we use tx 315 and 433 at the same time or will it conflit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back