Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Two digit counter using pic16f72

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,
I am working on another Project using Ultra Sonic sensor but the problem is that the crystal on zero PCB is not function i have changed to 20 to 4 MHz with code installation.
so, i need to find a way by designing a PCB which i required requarly pls suggest which software will be easy and fast with Gerber file..?

Hello Again,
I just watched this don't know which strip he is using and how ??
curious to know, how?

Hello,
Please suggest a cheap in cost, PIC micro controller with internal EEPROM for storing the digit after power.
As PIC16F72 can't do this and PIC16F877A is expensive thrice...!

How much is the picF72 in your country....

The PIC16F877A is outdated, this is why it costs soooo much.... I updated my systems to the newer PIC16F887

If you can get your hands on these newer chips you'll be better off.

hi again,
This code is not working at all is there any fault or need debug??
pls have look...

C:
#include <htc.h>

__CONFIG( BOREN_OFF & PWRTE_ON & WDTE_OFF & FOSC_HS & CP_OFF );
#define _XTAL_FREQ 20000000

main(){

TRISC=0;
    TRISB=0;

__delay_ms(300);
    while(1){
        PORTB=0XFF;

__delay_ms(500);
        PORTB=0Xff;
__delay_ms(500);

}
}

How much is the picF72 in your country....

The PIC16F877A is outdated, this is why it costs soooo much.... I updated my systems to the newer PIC16F887

If you can get your hands on these newer chips you'll be better off.
Hi,
I buy from retailer at Rs 49/. per pcs PIC16F72
I mean PIC16F877 only..it is ~ Rs180/.

hi again,
This code is not working at all is there any fault or need debug??
pls have look...

C:
#include <htc.h>

#define _XTAL_FREQ 20000000

main(){

TRISC=0;
    TRISB=0;

__delay_ms(300);
    while(1){
        PORTB=0XFF;

__delay_ms(500);
        PORTB=0Xff;
__delay_ms(500);

}
}
Seriously!!! Not being funny Ritesh, But a blind man could tell you what's wrong...... Hint... PORTB doesn't change much....

Seriously!!! Not being funny Ritesh, But a blind man could tell you what's wrong...... Hint... PORT B doesn't change much....

Hi,
Yes but i have done that for testing but LED remain off then also, why?
And please suggest what to do for saving counter digit and why PIC163F877A is outdated.
**broken link removed**

Hi,
Yes but i have done that for testing but LED remain off then also, why?
And please suggest what to do for saving counter digit and why PIC163F877A is outdated.
**broken link removed**
You should post the circuit!!! I can't second guess.... The code is right, so maybe the hardware isn't...

The hardware is as per Data sheet.
the Reset pin to Vcc with 4.7KOhm Pull up.
and the Vdd and Vss to +5V and GND. and OSC 1 and OSC2 to 20Mhz Crystal with 22pf connected to Gnd i use this circuit in all my Board in past.

The hardware is as per Data sheet.
the Reset pin to Vcc with 4.7KOhm Pull up.
and the Vdd and Vss to +5V and GND. and OSC 1 and OSC2 to 20Mhz Crystal with 22pf connected to Gnd i use this circuit in all my Board in past.
I appreciate that! However there must be something connected to the PORTB of the micro... LED's perhaps, or are you just using a multimeter!!

One other thing... The reason I say the chip is outdated.... The pic16f877a has been preceded with the newer pic16f887 and now we have the pic16f1719.. All pin compatible, but with loads more peripherals...

I used the pic18f452... They upgraded to the pic18f4520... now I use the pic18f45k20.. Progression..
Today's prices for 1 off
pic16f877a £3.89
pic16f887 £1.73
pic16f1719 £1.50 .... This does everything the last two do + more

pic18f452 £4.74
pic18f4520 £3.27
pic18f54k20 £1.89 .... This does everything the last two do + more

So why stay tethered..... The new pic16f1719 has two DAC's 8 bit and 5 bit...

I appreciate that! However there must be something connected to the PORTB of the micro... LED's perhaps, or are you just using a multimeter!!
No, only RB7 with 1K Resistance and LED with GND.
anyway i have multimeter only is there any method to test crystal is working or not?

hello,
I Have doubt when i use 877A with this setting it work fine.
__CONFIG(LVP_OFF & BOREN_OFF & PWRTE_ON & WDTE_OFF & FOSC_HS);

but this create problem in led blink why??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back