Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

TV problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

HSter

HI

Once in a while my TV screen output becomes a flat line across the screen, the audio will work, but all i see is a bright line, when i shake the back sometimes it works, then goes back again.

What is wrong? How can it be repaired?

thanks

It's almost certainly just a dry joint, on either the frame output IC, or the frame scan coil plug - it just needs resoldering. If you keep leaving it, eventually it will blow the IC.

If you can't identify those parts you're pretty stuffed, but if you gave the make and model (and had your location filled in) someone may be able to help.

I know one TV repairman within 100 miles of here =P They're very very rare nowdays.

open the set up,remove the main pcb(you may have to remove a few connectors to do this) follow the wires from the scan coils to where they are fitted to the main pcb-one set of wires is for the line output stage,which will end up being connected to your line output transistor and lopt-the frame timbase will be where the trouble is(or field timebase depending how old you are and how long you have been doing this job...) have a close look at the soldered connections around the scan socket-the frame ic will be not very far away and you need to look at the soldered connections on each pin of the frame chip.the poor soldered joint will be in the frame output stage somewhere but with no make or model i cannot be more specific........give me the make and model and i may have the schematic.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back