Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

tv audio phono plug output

Status
Not open for further replies.

confounded

Hi, my project requires that i take audio from the tv using phono plugs (pictured), as i'm then sending the audio using infra red to a remote reciever.

However my tv doesnt seem to have audio phono socket output. The sockets it does have are shown in my pic.
It also has a headphone socket on the side of the tv.

Am i limited to the head phone socket for audio output?

Do tvs usually have audio phono socket output?

Is there such a thing as a headphone socket to phono plugs adaptor?

I'm worried i spent a lot of work on this project and i may not be able to use it! I just assumed my tv had the outputs needed, its only a year old. :eek:

Attachments

• P1010157.JPG
    P1010157.JPG
    140.1 KB · Views: 236
  • P1010161.JPG
    P1010161.JPG
    138.9 KB · Views: 646
Usually TV's have 2 channel audio outputs. Where the left channel is the mono output and left channel component, and the right channel is just the right channel component.

But looks like yours just have audio in and a SPDIF optical output.

You can buy a simple SCART adaptor, they have red, white and yellow phono sockets on them (usually S-Video as well), plus a slide switch to switch the sockets to either input or output. Switch it to output, and use that - or just wire from the SCART directly to your transmitter.

thanks for replying guys.

So even though the scart socket is an input only on the tv, the scart adaptor has a switch that makes it an output?
How does that work?

just looked up scart and i see that its not just input only on the tv. I'm going to try an adaptor, thanks again for help/

Last edited:
thanks for replying guys.

So even though the scart socket is an input only on the tv, the scart adaptor has a switch that makes it an output?
How does that work?

just looked up scart and i see that its not just input only on the tv. I'm going to try an adaptor, thanks again for help/

Exactly, SCART is both IN and OUT.

I just tapped into the loudspeakers inside my TV, to feed the sound through a resistive attenuator to a hifi set so that I could boost the high freqs. to make speech more intelligible.

Is there such a thing as a headphone socket to phono plugs adaptor?
Yes, you can buy an adapter that will go from the headphone socket to phone plugs, which is also an option for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back