Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Tutorial : Automating AVR devices programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

ikalogic

Hi!

I just wrote this article to share our experience in automating AVR devices programming with a simple VB.NET application:
**broken link removed**

I thought it would be interesting for the community here!

All feedback and comments are most welcome!

Well, why not if it works for you. But I think that wirting a simple batch file to control AVRdude might be easier.

Well, i wanted to have a nice visual interface, that is easy to see when something went wrong (big red bold message), and that is easy to change the HEX programming file without having to modify a batch file. I also wanted the serial number in the EEPROM to be automatically generated.. Can you do that with batch file?

The program seems very simple and with nice features for someone in a basic production environment.

Kubeek, have you ever tried to program a batch of chips in a production environment before? Thinking is nice and all, but getting something simple for the machine programmer to use that provides the right information is very different from a knowledgeable user interacting with the system.

A child could probably run ikalogic's software and know when to get someone if something went wrong after only a minute or two of instruction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back