Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Turn Your IPod Into A Universal Remote

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone Electro said:
Its an realy simple idea.But 44Khz (the sampeling rate) is a bit close to 38Khz (the freq. remotes work on).

Is it good or bad that they are close?

Some audio recording softwares can actually record at 38khz. Would this be better ?

electroniks said:
I cannot think of a reason why. Would you please care to elabourate a bit ?

Because you're sampling at specific time intervals, and the sampling is the same as the incoming carrier frequency, you might sample a LOW every time - you should sample a MINIMUM of 2.5 times the maximum frequency.

Hey im new here, sounds like a cool idea. Just a quick question for ya. Dont some IR photodiodes only respond to certain wavelengths eg. 900nm? So what if the IR LED sends out a different wavelength to what the photo diode in an appliance can pick up? Does it matter too much if the wavelengths are different?

Last edited:
concrete_hed said:
Hey im new here, sounds like a cool idea. Just a quick question for ya. Dont some IR photodiodes only respond to certain wavelengths eg. 900nm? So what if the IR LED sends out a different wavelength to what the photo diode in an appliance can pick up? Does it matter too much if the wavelengths are different?

It makes hardly any difference, pretty well all IR remotes use similar wavelength diodes.

Cool, I'm going to scarf my daughter's iPod and head to a few bars where they have multiple televisions and wreak havoc during the best part of a sports game!!

Has anyone actually made their own Griffin IR module yet? I don't mean to be a noob asking for schematics, but I 've tried a few times without luck. The only solution I see is using an amplifier to actually drive the LEDs.

IR circuit for transmitter and recorder

would anyone please post a circuit for the IR transmitter and recorder...

might use my movu as replacement for the Ipod.

Thanks

i think the qwestion was post a circuit...
i would like one too...
even a note on a napkin will do (i hope i dont regret that...)
thanx in advanced

Do you know how to conect a LED to a batery? This is the same exsept the batery is a click in jack

what is a restor? I couldn't find its definition from hyperdictionary.com..
Something to ask about the 3.5mm jack.
As i know, there are 3 terminals at the jack, can i know which one represent what?

Analog audio has a stadard of 2V +/- output.So you need a resistor that will let trough about 20mA whith a aproximete half volt drop. Ohoms law says 25Ohm a comon resistor is 22Ohm so use that.

Google wil find you audio jack pinouts.And wikipedia wil give you lots of info about resistors and IR LEDs.

do you have a circuit for the sound to IR converter? and the Phototransistor circuit needed to input the IR signals to the PC.

Thank You

Plz I'm so pathetic I can't think for myself. :rolleyes:

Circuit Diagram

tried makin the transmitter, with that LED and the 220ohm resister, used a common audio jack. the thing is how do i make that phototransistor circuit for the input of the signal> ?

Circuit Diagram

Anyone, please post a circuit daigram of the IR transmitter and recorder.
Thank You

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back