Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Tunable laser board

Status
Not open for further replies.

supmarwen

Hi,
I'am looking for a software simulator which allow me to simulate a Tunable laser AN-655 of ANALOG DEVICES.
This board is composed by three principal devices:ADuC832/ADN8830/ADN2830.
The problem is that i didn't found any library (a proteus ISIS library for exemple) which defines these PICs (ADN8830/ADN2830).So if it is possible we can substitute them by similar PICs which means an other TEC controller and an other power controller.
Here is the datasheet of the board.
thank you in advance.

The first one is a multiplexed DAC with 2 ADC and 1 PWM output with an 8051 core. The second one is a thermoelectric cooler the third one is the power driver for the laser, none of those are PIC's. You're not likley going to find models like that for Proteus. You'll have to look at the PDF and come up with a behavioral model but that's not particularly easy either.

thank you Sceadwian for your response.
Now let's begin with the power control block. My idea consists in substituting PIC for ADN2830. By this way we can implement the ADN2830 functionalities by using PICs and other components .So , is this possible ?
If you have suggestions don't hesitate to post.

Why are you trying to simulate this? If you read the PDF's and have follow the their guidelines you shouldn't need to simulate the entire circuit before you build it to test on a wire wrap or bread board. You'll get more done faster testing it for real rather than trying to hack together the wrong components in a simulator.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back