Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

TTL Line Snoop

Status
Not open for further replies.

az1324

I want to log some data being sent on a TTL 8/N/1 line at 3.3V using only the serial port of my computer. I was thinking of using a MAX3232 transceiver chip to convert the signal as follows:

Code:
              TTL ---[MAX3232]--------->RS-232---[MAX3232]-------> TTL
                                       Rx    Tx            
                                       |     |
                              2.2k     {}   \/  1N4148
                                       |     | 
                                       |_____|
                                          |
                                         Rx on serial port
Would tapping the serial section of the circuit disrupt the TTL communication? Is there a better way to do this? I figure since it needs to go to RS232 eventually anyway, why not just use one chip?

Thanks!

Nevermind the TTL signals are enough to drive the serial port just by tapping them and using them to drive one side of the chip. The signal is not affected. Awesome and easier than i thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back