Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ttl IC's and CMOS IC's

Status
Not open for further replies.

mstechca

Ok. I bought an 80C51 microprocessor and I bought an AM29F010 128Kb flash ROM.

When I looked at the PDF that supports the ROM, it turns out that more steps are involved with programming the rom.

First I have to send the same unlock code twice, then I set the function code, then the programming address and the data to be sent to that address.

I assume I have to do this for every byte. This is the part the manual does not tell me.

I could make a simple parallel port programmer for the device using latches, counters and flip-flops, but I have a problem, because some of the parts I have are in the 74LS family.

When I tried to make a programmer before (about 6 months ago) for the AT89C2051 chip using the 74LS245, the 74LS245 heated up.

The only flip-flops and latches I have are in the LS series except for these: 2 74HCT245's and 2 74HCT164's.

What I want to know is how could I make the 74LSxxx series IC's flexible to any application without them heating up? Do I need to include resistors?
Is there a limit if I use pull-down or pull-up resistors with them?

I have too many LS series chips I took out of an old computer, and I would rather use them than wait two weeks and pay money for new HC or HCT chips.

Throwing chips in the garbage without a good reason is the worst thing I can do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back