Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

TSA5511 pll synth equivalent

Status
Not open for further replies.

stickpin

Is there a more modern equivalent to the TSA5511 or something similar to this? It will be used as a PLL synth on a VCO 88-108MHZ and also maybe 50MHz.
I want to be able to control the chip using i2c bus and a programmed PIC.

The circuit on this link shows the full transmitter using the TSA5511 for the PLL:
Pira CZ 5W PLL FM Transmitter

I can do the RF section/osc myself i just want to find a solution for the PLL part using parts that are easily available and a low component count.

Any help or comments would be great
Thanks

Last edited:
Why can't you use the TSA5511? I got nothing, don't know a damn thing about these kinds of chips, though hunting around on Digikey might give you some idea, using their parametric search can be hard but once you find the right search terms to use you might be able to find something that fits your needs.

Is there a more modern equivalent to the TSA5511 or something similar to this? It will be used as a PLL synth on a VCO 88-108MHZ and also maybe 50MHz.
I want to be able to control the chip using i2c bus and a programmed PIC.

The circuit on this link shows the full transmitter using the TSA5511 for the PLL:
Pira CZ 5W PLL FM Transmitter

I can do the RF section/osc myself i just want to find a solution for the PLL part using parts that are easily available and a low component count.

Any help or comments would be great
Thanks

There are lots of general purpose PLL devices available that will do this job. Look at the Analog Devices or National Semiconductors websites. If you download ADIsimPLL from the Analog Devices website it will design the PLL for you and predict it's performance. As far as actual chips go, something like the ADF4117 may be a good place to start.

Last edited:
Alright cheers guys. Maybe it is just the case of searching manufacturers websites and buying a few different ones to try for the prototype.
Sceadwian, the reason i'm not very keen on using the TSA5511 is because they are now obsolete, i'd rather find a newer device before starting the design etc.
Tesla23 thanks i'll check out that software when i'm on a Windows machine it looks interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back