Trying to identify TV components..

Status
Not open for further replies.

notauser

I was harvesting, and came across something.. There are quite a few of them on the neck-board, on the pcb they are labeled Ennnn, they are small beige 2-lead plastic packages that have a very small slit in the middle that penetrates about 1/2 way to the bottom of the package, and a green line on one side of the slit.. They seem to have infinite resistance in both directions, don't seem to be set up in L/C configurations, if not for the >20M resistance I'd think they were some kind of jumpers..

Last edited:
I don't have a camera handy, and I figure since alot of ppl have TV experience to some the question will be as simple as if I asked about a cylinder with 4 colored bands..

I was assuming that actually.. Even with 30x magnification though I can't get a clear look into the gap..
The plastic is similar to what a much larger, definate spark gap on the main board was manufactured from..
The green stripe confuses me.. It really seems like a polarity marker, but I just broke one apart, and the leads merely go in and terminate across the gap which can't be more than a mil or two..
Thanks..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…