Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Trying to identify a joystick component from one angle only!

Status
Not open for further replies.

heythere

Bit of an odd one.

On the off chance that any of you can identify a common joystick component without access to the whole thing...

Basically I have been asked to find an alternative knob for it so that the panel it's in will fit correctly in its enclosure, but without being able to open the panel itself. I think it's probably a common joystick that might be used in things like PTZ control panel applications, I'm hoping to find the standard part and discover a range of available ends that I could test.

Not much to go on, but maybe one of you will be familiar. I've already scoured RS looking at all of the available photos but they're limited. It has a D-shaft which is threaded in the end.

Thanks all
M

shaft.jpg
withgator.jpg
undercollar.jpg

Attachments

• gatoronly.jpg
    gatoronly.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 180
Sorry for the slow reply I missed this.

I just measured - it's 6mm across and has a D-shape at the end so that the shaft can be twisted as well as XY.

The thread seems to be M3 - our thread measure set doesn't go as small as that so I need to find something to check it with.

Thanks, I apprecite it.

As it's a 6mm shaft, you should be able to use any generic 6mm control knob that has a side screw clamp; locate the clamp screw against the flat on the shaft.
(Collet types would also fit, but are often higher profile and no fixed orientation).

Some of this series could probably work quite well & seem to have only from about 1mm to 3mm above the shaft end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back