Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Trying to ID a connector type...cause it's broken!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveD24

Hello,

I do PLC programing and often have to play around in circuits. While I'm usually ok, on this job I stumbled on a connector I don't recognize. I'm hoping I'm on the right thread! It's a WiFi antenna...I've never ever installed wifisystems so I'm stumped!! I usually, 99% of the time, deal with wired communication. anyway, the following links show the other identical antenna that isn't broken. (None's fault, it's in a high traffic area and badly placed.)

And while I'm here, would it cause a big loss of signal if I extended it with a lenght of wire? I know there's always loss, but I'm unfamiliar with Wireless signals.

**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

Thanks for your help everyone!!!

David.

Virtually all wifi components use RP-SMA connectors.
Replacing an antenna with a piece of wire will probably not work very well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back