Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

trying to figure out what the output of this part will be

Status
Not open for further replies.

beanboi

So i happened to get ahold of a gbu605 and a few diodes, a transformer, and some capacitors,
i dont have a voltmeter or anything and i wanna make a phone charger just because. my idea is that supposedly the gbu is a 600v 6a bridge rectifier. its a stupid idea but if i hooked 120v 60hz ac into the ac part what would be my output in dc?
how could i build a circuit for this

"Rough" DC, peaking at around 1.4 x the nominal AC voltage.
(The AC is given as RMS, not peak).

output-wave-forms-of-full-wave-rectifier-2.jpg

You need a transformer from 120V down to around 8 - 9V, then rectify and regulate that.

i found this mystery transformer with digits on it but i cant identify this specific one. it appears to have a us mains cable on one end and two smaller wires from the secondary each have 300v capacity idk what is comes to tho
the digits are DB-EI28-6836A

It sounds like you're about to blow something up. I'd stop now if I was you.

Mike.

i found this mystery transformer with digits on it but i cant identify this specific one. it appears to have a us mains cable on one end and two smaller wires from the secondary each have 300v
That sounds lethal. Don't use it if you have no meter for checking its parameters.

Unusual method of design. Please tell the outcome, if you are still there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back