Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Truth Table of a funtion ,, HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

IronMan2010

The Function is F=(x+1)²+xy where x is two bits variable and y is one bit variable

How can i make truth table of this Function where x is two bits ??? i mean when the inputs are 1 1 1 ??? a little help pls ?

Let x = 2*m+n, where m, n. and y are either 0 or 1. (hint, there will be 2^3 states in the table)

Last edited:
IronMan2010,

Let x = 2*m+n, where m, n. and y are either 0 or 1. (hint, there will be 2^3 states in the table)

Are we discussing Boolean algebra here? How can a expression be squared or a term have more than one value?

Ratch

IronMan2010,

Are we discussing Boolean algebra here? How can a expression be squared or a term have more than one value?

Ratch

I will tell the whole problem, Design a ROM To store the equation F=(x+1)²+xy
where x is two bits variable, and y is single bit variable.

SO i want to find the truth table of this Function... Or at least that's what i have in mind,, what say you ?

IronMan2010,

SO i want to find the truth table of this Function... Or at least that's what i have in mind,, what say you ?

OK, here is my take on the problem. The highest value of the function is 19, so the ROM must have a 5-bit memory, unless there some bits in common with all the values of the function. The function can be simplied to x(x+y+2)+1 . x can 4 different values and y can have 2 different values. That means 4x2=8 different function values. The truth table is shown below.

Code:
x    y    f
-----------
00   0    1
00   1    1 
01   0    4 
01   1    5 
10   0    9 
10   1    11 
11   0    16
11   1    19
Ratch

Sorry Mike,, Why x=2*m+n ???

So x can take on the value of 3,2,1, or 0. (e.g. with m=1, n=0, so x = 2*1 + 0 = 2), which is what Ratch did.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back