Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Trust in covid vaccine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just had mine.... If I'm not here tomorrow.... I'm dead..
Fingers crossed. But it has only 10% efficiency against south africa mutation. Our goverment wants passport fór vaccinated people. It makes no sense if there are mutations, which byppas vaccine.

Astrazeneca seems to fail against south africa mutation. Does anyone have more info about it?

All the info I've seen have suggested it's fairly effective against the SA variant, perhaps you should stop reading all the anti-UK propaganda that some of the EU countries are putting out - bear in mind the last was always a lie, which they have now rescinded, and no reason to suggest this is any different.

All the info I've seen have suggested it's fairly effective against the SA variant, perhaps you should stop reading all the anti-UK propaganda that some of the EU countries are putting out - bear in mind the last was always a lie, which they have now rescinded, and no reason to suggest this is any different.
Can you post some links that says its effective against SA? I would be greatfull. I googled astrazenaca south africa mutation and i can see only negative webs.
DATA fro UK effiacy 66%, data from africa 10%
time : around 9 min , they said 22% against south africa variant

Last edited:
Had mine today :) Only bad thing was the size of the needle she used - man, that thing was like a drainpipe! Also, my arm ached slightly for a few minutes. Terrible, I know.

So, if you had the choice of floating around the sea on a little lifeboat waiting to be rescued, ok it won't sink, but you could die from starvation, exposure, or be tossed out by a storm, or a dozen other unpleasant things, and a large ship came to rescue you, would you refuse rescue on the basis that large ships are known, albeit very rarely, to sink, catch fire, get lost, be attacked by pirates, or refused harbour? That's how the stupid bloody argument looks from where I'm sitting. I'm pretty certain any sane person would get on the ship.

Had mine today :) Only bad thing was the size of the needle she used - man, that thing was like a drainpipe! Also, my arm ached slightly for a few minutes. Terrible, I know.

So, if you had the choice of floating around the sea on a little lifeboat waiting to be rescued, ok it won't sink, but you could die from starvation, exposure, or be tossed out by a storm, or a dozen other unpleasant things, and a large ship came to rescue you, would you refuse rescue on the basis that large ships are known, albeit very rarely, to sink, catch fire, get lost, be attacked by pirates, or refused harbour? That's how the stupid bloody argument looks from where I'm sitting. I'm pretty certain any sane person would get on the ship.
I am ok with trombhosis since states starting vacinating again. I am just curious about eficiacy against new types. But it has been said that all vaccines procect from severe covid.

Can you post some links that says its effective against SA? I would be greatfull. I googled astrazenaca south africa mutation and i can see only negative webs.
DATA fro UK effiacy 66%, data from africa 10%
time : around 9 min , they said 22% against south africa variant

Just what's been on the TV news here, I've not enough interest to go chasing and try and figure out what's made up and what isn't.

I go on the principle that any protection is better than no protection. The enemy is complacency. Protection against even just the original covid is better than none. I get the impression that some people want to wait until there's a vaccine that protects against all variants before they get jabbed - which is just never going to happen.

The astrazenica efficiency against the SA and Brazilian variants, is 10 ~ 22%.. BUT!! they have a booster due in the autumn that protects up to 85% so "They are on it" This gives me pleasure as nobody in Brazil or SA is trying..

That test was on 2000 people.... So conclusive or what..

The efficacy of the vaccine may only be 60 odd percent but in the 30 odd percent who aren't immune, it turns a deadly virus into a bit of a sniffle. No brainer as far as I'm concerned.

Mike.

The efficacy of the vaccine may only be 60 odd percent but in the 30 odd percent who aren't immune, it turns a deadly virus into a bit of a sniffle. No brainer as far as I'm concerned.

Mike.

And isn't the claimed 66% actually for just the FIRST vaccination, with the second taking it to the 90's?.

My daughter has working in the virus field, and is a personal friend of the first virologist to start working on Covid in the UK (at the University of Newcastle) - following the first two Chinese tourists with Covid in York. She considers no difference between Pfizer and AZ effectiveness, and that AZ has been in development and testing for over 20 years - with the Covid variant just been a minor 'tweak' (the exact details of which she explained - but my brain went to sleep!).

Using a different virus and disguising it as Covid-19.

EMA aproved usage of AZ, if you read concusion there is passage saying it causes brain damage in very rarely cases. Lol
But thing similar to this will be in every drug datasheet. I guess
I dont understand that booster ian rogers is taking about in autumn?
Here is link
Almost all cases of cloging brain damage were womens

Also if you remember my post about slovak teacher that died due astrazenaca, now its revaled it was hoax.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back