Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Troubleshooting bugs ASAP

Status
Not open for further replies.
An ASIC manufacturer has received feedback from its testing department that there are some internal bugs which are needed to be removed ASAP. What is the possible way in which this problems can be solved ?

Since speed of getting rid of bugs is the main issue here would something like in-circuit debugging or use of debug kernel would be the best choices. What would be the best if not out of these two?

I have found that handing out a good beating behind closed doors now and then really improves worker diligence! :p

:DStrong enough modivators make workers WANT to "Do it right the first time"! :D

Find the problem, fix the problem. Someone's gotta know what went wrong and why, or like TCM said you should start beating people randomly =) There is no 'one' way best to fix a bug in a product.

Sounds like a homework question... It would seem the first step would be the members of the ASIC team would have to review the test dept. data, and verify that the ASIC is being properly tested. Could be a test setup problem. That would be step 1 I think.

I ran across this many time in the factory. All my boards were failing, turned out a test problem and not a design problem.

Last edited:
I worked at a sign company for a short while. A customer ordered a blue sign to replace old one. Big one too. They got a red sign installed. :(

The customers paper work said blue, the design dept drawings and paper work said blue, and the production floors construction prints said blue. ;)

A two day company investiagation came to the conclusion that the sales person was at fault. :confused:
(I still think it was the paint department myself):D

Some years later now and that sign is still red! :eek:
True story! :)

Still dont help but do you feel better? :D

Colour blind maybe? =)

Asap

Lol...I see this question brought a lot of excitement to everyone...:p...Thanks for the responses though and i would have beat that sales person who was at fault...;)

It sucks, cause when something like that happens there are almost never an easy solution, you usually have to chalk it up as a loss fix it as well a you can and move on. But definitely figure out how to make sure it doesn't happen again.

Last edited:
By the way that paint booth guy was a well known meth head. (along withabout 3/4 of the rest of the company) :eek:

One day he was talking about some "bad stuff" he "aquired" the night before. He used it one morning just before comming to work. Said he just laid on the paint booth floor and watched the ceiling fan go around for 6 hours. :(

There was no ceiling fan in the paint booth. Just three overspray lines that made a rough fan blade like shape! :confused: :D

Want to work there and try and do trouble shooting and product analyisis?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back