Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Troubleshooting an old tablet that has power supply issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quickinline

Hi, I'm quite "new" to the world of electronics I have a CS background and I have a quite old tablet laying around that has power supply issues... it started randomly turning off so I used it with the charger plugged in for a while and now it doesn't turn on.
I managed to start disassembling and removed the battery... plugged in the charger. And unfortunately it doesn't turn on. Although it has an LED indicator that is turned on while charging (I assume it indicates that the board has power.
Any advice ?

Its possible the battery has a chip that 'knows' when the battery is at the end of its life and causing the issue, though I'd still expect a message of some kind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back