Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

trouble shooting remote control for Vizio Tv mod #M420SL

Status
Not open for further replies.
I lost my original remote control for my 42inch vizio tv a few years ago, the tv was't used for a while When I set tv up again, I couldn' get any remoe to work on the tv ,even the replacement original remote that I ordered. The ir board is the only thing I can deduce not working ... What do you think I should do ??? mod # M420SL VIZIO TV

ORIGINAL remote stopped working .I tried lots of universal remotes. Nothing worked!! bought second original remote, no luck!! can this be ir board problem and can I replace with an external ir remote through ir in put ??

You can test the original remote by viewing it via a phone camera. The ir led will be seen to flash if it's working.

Mike.

REMOTE WORKS BUT THE TV DOES NOT, CAN AN EXTERNAL IR RECIEVER REMOTE BE USED FOR THIS MODEL MOD #M420SL ??

Here is the manual for your TV.

With the TV plugged in and nothing else (no TiVo, nothing at all except for the TV plugged), can you operate the TV from the manual controls on the side panel (p9)? Yes or No?

REMOTE WORKS BUT THE TV DOES NOT, CAN AN EXTERNAL IR RECIEVER REMOTE BE USED FOR THIS MODEL MOD #M420SL ??
i've seen remotes with marginal batteries flash the LED, but not sending data (just a bunch of spikes).

also, the ir sensor in the TV is usually somewhere near the Vizio logo below the screen (Vizio hides it in the notch of the V). it's not uncommon for the connector to get unplugged from the sensor.

i've seen remotes with marginal batteries flash the LED, but not sending data (just a bunch of spikes).

also, the ir sensor in the TV is usually somewhere near the Vizio logo below the screen (Vizio hides it in the notch of the V). it's not uncommon for the connector to get unplugged from the sensor.

I did a little background and it looks like this is the cheapest price for the board is here https://www.shopjimmy.com/vizio-3632-0172-0189-ir-sensor.htm and there are even videos on replacement. But, I was a bit put off by the TS who has, apparently, gone on to other matters. Given the shaky way he was describing how the problem started, I thought a systematic approach was a reasonable suggestion. That is, does the TV work manually? What is wrong with that check - a simple, yes the TV works manually. Same as with the response to testing the IR remote.

Oh well, my Vizio works with the remote, so I shouldn't complain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back