Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Trimmer Capacitor lead size

Status
Not open for further replies.

daviddoria

so i bought 10 6-70pF trim caps, but now that I am trying to use one... i see that the leads wont fit through the wholes on my protoboard. How are you supposed to use/attach these if the leads are so big??

david

wont that damage the pads? i guess i could just solder them to their neighbor components and not the board... is this bad practice?

david

For prototyping this is not at all a bad practice. I do it many times.

well i built the simple circuits just by soldernig the components together. but for the capacitorm considering its value, i think you should try connecting it with wires as short as possible and insulated,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back