Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Trigonometric Identity

Status
Not open for further replies.

okraina

How to prove that [ sin^(2)(x) + 2cos(x) - 1 ] / [ sin^(2)(x) + 3cos(x) -3 ] = 1 / [ 1 - sec(x) ]. I tried to use sin^(2)(x) = 1 - cos^(2)(x) and I can factor out a cos(x) in the numerator of LHS but not sure what I can do with the denominator.

Please see attached question for what I tried to do... Maybe there is another way of simplifying the LHS?

Attachments

• Question.jpg
    Question.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 250
okraina,
It's easy. Set all the Sin^2 terms to (1-Cos^2)^2 , The Sec term is 1/Cos. All the terms will be Cos factors and the equation balance, thereby proving the equality correct. Use a computer to do all the messy algebra. Ratch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back