Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

treadmill problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikaspt

Treadmill pioneer BH Fitness G643/g644 input 220v motor permanent magnet 180v

Hello, the treadmill just stars a little fast for normal speed and then the thermal fuse just reset ( i put a circuit breaker 5A between red wire from board to motor so i just reset and not burn the fuse or the board, i check the motor everything is okay i did this test.
12v test run slow but without any problem noise or smoke.
open motor cleans everything check ohms in all 180º lines and all have some ohms, no shorts to ground and brushers are okay.

in board i test gbj2506 Multimer give an informative read negative for one side positive for other. diodes are okay.
test the 2 irfp450 and test was okay only have some value from pin 3 to 2 i think and only in one direction. diode inside mosfet.
some test with fep30jp and diodes are okay too.
test capacitator 470uf 400v and okay. multi in diode setting and read value and then loop read. volts from multi in diode setting and 3v and discard slower.
i go to store and buy a new 470uf 400vw capacitador and a new gbj2506 they give me one rs3506m they sai is equivalent to 2506 bright rectifier.
so, i replace the parts stars the treadmill motor stars more faster than before and blow fuse of the house.
i retest and one of the irfp450 is burn so i put again the gbj2506 since that was okay and remove the mosfet burn the treadmill have power in upper board but no motor power. that's normal because there is no mosfet in place. it was only to see if the board was totally burn but no i get lucky.
the board is a scorpion BC-1069 i can't find any info in net only some guy sell a working unit.
i think the best is to replace 2 irfp450 and see or change the fep30jp too and see the result.
but strange is with old parts never blow mosfet the 5A circuit break just disconnect after a 1- or 2-minutes new diode bridge and capacitator and voila smoke and fuse blow. the reset didn't reset, the fuse of the board doesn't blow just blow the fuse of the house. i think gbj2506 is not compatible to rs3506m and that's why irfp450 blow. or the new capacitator make the mosfet blow?

where can i find schematics for this board?

this is my first treadmill repair but i already repair others stuffs cars computers motors speakers tv radios etc etc etc but this is not my profession this is my lobby.

2 things I forget to tell in first time before any try of repair with motor connect the stop don’t stop the motor and emergency stop the motor continue to run until circuit breaker reset. I disconnect the motor and replace with a 220v halogéneo bulb in place of the motor and the star and stop work normal bulb light up and bulb turn off and emergency stop work too. So only with motor the board have faulty but motor is good I can’t see why this happen and with motor on the stop don’t stop and emergency stop turn off upper control panel but motor continue to run make me crazy

and sorry about my bad English but is not my native language.
i try to explain the best i can if need more info just ask thanks, any help is appreciated thanks

Can someone help me in understand why with motor connect the emergency stop or safety switch, Turn off the upper console but not the motor? the control motor board still have green led turn on with or without the motor connect if i use the emergency stop. the diferences is with bulb the light go off with load of the motor is continue to run .
Or is better just send to trash this pwm control board and make a new setup with 10 KW 220Vac - SCR dimming thermostat and a bridged rectifier and use a pot to speed up and slow down the motor. i don't trust in china universal Kit for treadmill but if someone can point me to a brand not to expensive of a universal kit i appreciate the help.

Last edited:
The problem is there is no schematics for some of the more obscure TM.s, there are some that have been reverse engineered, for e.g. the very popular Nordic Track MC-60 board and its PWM counterpart, the MC2100 series.

Check to see if the tachometer (either built into the motor or separate and driven off the belt) is connected and not damaged. If the control circuit for the motor loses the tach signal some odd behaviors can occur. Just a thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back