Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Treadmill circuit board

Status
Not open for further replies.

mw52563

Hi
Hoping someone can help... I'm getting an error code on my treamill saying insufficient power... I'm not an expert by any stretch but I've managed to check theres power all over the board except when it leaves the mini transformer. There's a picture below I've tried labelling using my phone, so apologies for the crudeness. Basically 240 AC volts come in then 15dc volts leave at one end and 10dc volts on the other... Where the 15 volts leave there's a capacitor next to it but I cant read any volts when I test it. Could there be a short between the two? Thanks for any help
Regards
Mike
IMG_20200417_154618.jpg
IMG_20200417_154206.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20200417_154721.jpg
    9.2 MB · Views: 100
The tops of the electrolytic's do not seem to be swollen.
I found on one make that the unregulated DC was 17v and there was a 15v rated electrolytic in it.
The voltages look right, although I have not come across that particular model.
M.ax.

I am no expert either but what I would try as I do not know what you have done to get to the point you are at.
Maybe there is no 15v to the cap!
So you test from the bottom to the cap from the transformer 15v pin?
Does it go straight to the cap or does it use the smt on the top layer to rout to the cap? test for continuity from the 15v pin to the cap pin does it show continuity?
Put torch up to the board see if you can see the trace where it goes to from the 15v pin.
I think that's glue at the bottom of that cap or is it oil?
Do you have capacitance on your meter? pull the cap if you think its the cap and test it 47.0U/F I think cant see.
Not sure if it is the cap though as it has a few different components next to it before it goes to the cap.

Looking at the bottom of that big cap has it been soldered properly where you have put 10v looks like the solder has come away from the board.

Hope that helps you a little
If you want schematics, have you search for the treadmill schematics or part number on the board if any.

Last edited:
Hi thanks for the reply.. tested the capacitors they all seem fine.. I don't know if this would make a difference but when the board was in the treadmill it had like a metal heat sink between the diode, igbt and the full wave rectifer.. there's a picture below, what I mean
Thanks
Mike
BHfitness.jpg

Sorry I do not know what you're asking me?
Does the IGBT look like it could be broken or does it look overheated?
You need to know the voltages and path to know where the low power is, that 10v might need to be more than 10v say 12v or the 17v might need to be more near 20v it's hard to know.
How do you know it's talking about the power to one of those boards? might be low power to the motor

Normally it is OK to run it out of the H.S. for a short time and with an unloaded motor for test purposes.
Max.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back