Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Transmitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

zachtheterrible

I've got me a problem w/ an FM transmitter. Yes, this is the same transmitter as in my previous posts. I figured out the frequency drift problem . . . I thought I had a fresh battery, come to find out it's putting out 5 volts :oops: .

Neways, the new problem that I am having is that my transmitter can be heard crystal clear as long as I'm within about 30 feet of the transmitter. Sometimes I have to be within a foot. What is the shortest that I can make my antenna if the transmitter is working @ 88-108 MHZ? I built this same transmitter before and it worked 1/4 a mile away.

is this something that needs to have a small antena? if not you can make a real antena that would transmit a lot better. and if you want to transmit in one direction you can make it directional

Yeah, it's just 1 of those 9 volt 2 transistor transmitters. I need something small as possible w/ good performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back