Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

FM transmitter cheapy for church

Status
Not open for further replies.
Evening guys.

First I have to apologize, I know nothing and have to ask you guys old questions.

I am in South Africa, a small town, and hoping to buy a small FM " to broadcast to the parking area- for people who want to stay in their cars.

I have been using the small over the counter type but it is a constant battle and last Sunday one of our old guys sat here 'just for fun'. I am getting irritated and would like to amp it up a bit.

I see many options on Aliexpress and thought that one of those $100 jobbies would fit the bill.
A thread a read referred to the BH1417, I do not know if this what I need- seems they need a screen etc...it scares me off.
To be honest I don't even know what to ask you guys. I am hoping you guys would be kind enough to guide or simply say Yay Nay.

This model tickles my fancy, looks simple.

And this one is sold by a few vendors.

Please give me an opinion on which would 'simply work' for a dummy like me.

P.S. I appreciate that most of you respect the legality of radio transmissions. I will do my research and sort that out before China gets this thing to my door.

All the best
Uwe

In most countries, the second 5W unit would be illegal.
Not sure about the 0.5W unit, regulations may vary by country. All countries have limits for RF power for low power transmitters, including those for the FM broadcast band. Check your local regulations before buying anything.
Placing the unit on the outside of the building will provide the largest coverage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back