Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

transmitter/receivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volunteer

lookingt for a very simple RF transmitter/ receiver to use on my 4 year olds toy car. He wants to make it move forward in one direction with the push of a button,
i have researched the web sites of linx, Micrel, Microchip and found them to be too complex and or too small a chip. (I can hardly see the leads on teh chips much less solder them. ) Does any body have a simple design we can use for this application.
i am not worried about noise or anything just want it to go when he pushes the button....

Volunteer said:
lookingt for a very simple RF transmitter/ receiver to use on my 4 year olds toy car. He wants to make it move forward in one direction with the push of a button,
i have researched the web sites of linx, Micrel, Microchip and found them to be too complex and or too small a chip. (I can hardly see the leads on teh chips much less solder them. ) Does any body have a simple design we can use for this application.
i am not worried about noise or anything just want it to go when he pushes the button....

If you can't see the leads, you're looking at the wrong chips :lol:

Surface mount ones are quite small, but you can get plenty of standard DIL ones as well.

Have a look at my IR PIC tutorial at http://www.winpicprog.co.uk which shows how to duplicate a Sony remote control. Among the tutorials I show how to switch individual output pins on the receiver, which I suspect is what you want.

Holtek make a range of ready built chips for remote control, including one which feeds an IR LED - these could be worth looking at as well. But a PIC solution is far more versatile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back