transmitter/receivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volunteer

lookingt for a very simple RF transmitter/ receiver to use on my 4 year olds toy car. He wants to make it move forward in one direction with the push of a button,
i have researched the web sites of linx, Micrel, Microchip and found them to be too complex and or too small a chip. (I can hardly see the leads on teh chips much less solder them. ) Does any body have a simple design we can use for this application.
i am not worried about noise or anything just want it to go when he pushes the button....

If you can't see the leads, you're looking at the wrong chips :lol:

Surface mount ones are quite small, but you can get plenty of standard DIL ones as well.

Have a look at my IR PIC tutorial at http://www.winpicprog.co.uk which shows how to duplicate a Sony remote control. Among the tutorials I show how to switch individual output pins on the receiver, which I suspect is what you want.

Holtek make a range of ready built chips for remote control, including one which feeds an IR LED - these could be worth looking at as well. But a PIC solution is far more versatile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…