Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Transistor........!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The max allowed collector current of a 2N3055 power transistor is 15A. The max allowed base current is 7A. The gain is not 15/7 because the DC current gain is shown to be a minimum of 5 and typically 13 at only 10A and nothing is spec'd above 10A because then its performance is very poor.
AG, then how to find it's gain??

Last edited:
AG, then how to find it's gain??

The gain is different for each transistor, even if they have the same part number. Some have high gain and some have low gain as shown in the datasheet.
Why do you want to drive a transistor so close to its absolute max rating where it might fail soon.
Why do you want to use a transistor at such a high current and dissipation that it melts?
Why do you want to use a transistor at such a high current that its current gain is almost nothing?

If you want to know the gain of one transistor then measure it.

Pls. clear my Doubt about high input impedance, what the use of it??
Ask your teacher.
A high input impedance on an amplifier does not load down the signal source. Most modern audio amplifiers have an input impedance of 10k ohms or more. An opamp can drive a load of 2k ohms or more. If an opamp is loaded with an amplifier that has an input impedance of 10k ohms or more then only a small amount of signal is lost.

The pickup of an electric guitar sounds "normal" when it is loaded with an amplifier with an input impedance of at least 1M ohms.

The input impedance of my oscilloscope is 1M and can be switched to 10M.

The input impedance of my digital multi-meter is 20M.

OK, I have asked many people by they were talking about loading effect, but i think that when there is very low input current or voltage(signal) the ckt.(component) starts conducting. this is the advantages of high input impedance.
This is my question, pls clear the doubt.!!

Some signal sources work best and have the highest output voltage when they are loaded with a high impedance. For example, the pickup for an electric guitar needs to feed an amplifier with an input impedance of 1Meg ohms or more.

You can use many logic gates and counters or very many transistors. They are all inside a microcontroller.

I have used Led displays like seven segment with near by 250 zener diode, but i have no idea of lcd. i have listen it work on ac.

Hi, I want to find output impedance of my amplifier as for maximum to my woofer's, Pls tell the method??

The output impedance of a modern solid state amplifier is 0.04 ohms or less. The amplifier will have a rating called "damping factor". When its damping factor rating is 200 and the speaker is 8 ohms then the output impedance of the amplifier is 8/200= 0.04 ohms.
The impedance is so low that it is difficult to measure and almost nobody measures it. The high open-loop gain and high amount of negative feedback in the amplifier produce the very low output impedance. The very low output impedance damps the resonances of speakers.

I have seen video in you tube, he was saying according to your amplifier the speaker resistance should be used for maximum power transfer.
for this resistance of speaker can directly measure through multimeter but how to know about amplifier output resistance ??

Some old-fashioned vacuum tube amplifiers had an output impedance that was the same as the speaker impedance.

A modern solid-state amplifier does not have maximum power transfer. The output of the amplifier is a very low impedance voltage source.

Please look in google at Amplifier Damping Factor.

But i have seen many IC's amplifere as in my CD player at the back of channel output it has written 8 ohm, why??
it has no vacuum tube.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back