Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Transistor question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Q4 usually references a component on a specific piece of equipment. Almost every piece of gear that has transistors will reference a Q4. The 004 could be a date code. L3, don't know. You might want to obtain a schematic and post a thumbnail of the circuit or picture of the transistor. You could describe what the equipment is, what suspected the device being defective and possibly a case type.

The NTE web site cross references the Q4 004 L3 transistor to their p/n NTE5638
I guess that may be my only option.

The NTE web site cross references the Q4 004 L3 transistor to their p/n NTE5638
I guess that may be my only option.

This is a NTE5638 , its a Triac.

Attachments

• NTE5638.pdf
    25.1 KB · Views: 303
So is your part actually a triac? What is the transistor in? (Stereo/microwave/electronic flea collar/radio/light dimmer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back