Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Transistor package...

Status
Not open for further replies.

IVANHVG

Hi my question is that I bought a transistor 2N2222A and it comes on the T0-92 package which is the black plastic kind of looking one, and another 2N222A in the T0-18 pacakge whick is the metallic package. The second one was more expensive and i was wondering if anyone knows what is the difference between these two?. Will the second handle more current or power??, or will it last longer??? i could not find a datasheet for the second one since it is manufucturer in India doesn´t have a datasheet.

Thanks for your help.

crust said:
I cant speak to the power handling, but the TO-18 was a successor to the TO-106 case. The pinouts from TO-92 to TO-18 are different.

I do believe there is an improvement in the TO-18 case for maximum power dissipation. I do believe that the die-case thermal resistance is lower.

ok

Thanks for your opinions, i do also believe there should be an improvement there. Maybe not in current but in power since why if they are the same size, why?? will one cost more than the other.

thanks

The metal can is shielded better againt outside influence...
Some of these metal packages even offer a 4th pin to connect to GND to maximize protection against outside interference

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back