Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

transistor help

Status
Not open for further replies.

corn

i bought some transistors from radio shack and they don't seem to work. were can i get some transistors to play around with low voltage under 10 volts. i burn them up like crazy and my kit is running out. i would like to replace them but transistors don't have very easy identities or values.

maybe your connecting them up wrong?
ssounds like you bought a pak of 10 or so. most of them work but need to be connected right.
need proper base resistors etc.
what part number are the transistors and how are you connecting them up?
a schematic might help.

If they are simply burning up, there is 99% chance you are doing something wrong. Replacing them won't solve the real issue.

State what your using them for (turning on an led..), any writing on the package, and like MrDEB said, add a schematic to help us identify your problem :)

i use them for a lot of projects and not just one. i got the 300 in 1 kit from radioshack but after making several mistakes i burnt up most of them. i bought some different ones from radio shack with 2n 3906 h331. does the 2n mean its an npn. i just need to find some more for 3-10v. i get alot from old random circuits but few of them work correctly. it might be the solder gun burns them. is there a type of npn and pnp i can buy at radioshack or offline that you use. thanks.

I have made circuits with thousands of transistors and not one burned.
2Nxxxx means the transistor is American or European. 2SCxxxx means the transistor is Japanese, Korean or Chinese.
You must look on the datasheet of the transistor to see what type it is and see its spec's. A 2n3906 is a PNP, not an NPN.

We use soldering irons and rosin-cored solder. Many of us use temperature controlled soldering irons that never get too hot.
A soldering gun is used to burn things.

I think Radio Shack sells manufacturers rejects at inflated prices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back