Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ângela

My college professor asked us to take a real life problem/device and design and solve its circuit using transient response and Laplace transforms. It has to be a simple circuit, maybe just some capacitors, power source, switch and resistors... My biggest problem is finding a connection to a real device or application with such simple circuits! Any ideas??

Kettering Ignition coil. Show energy stored in the inductance, the resonance with the capacitor, the voltage step-up into the secondary winding, where the plug fires...

My college professor asked us to take a real life problem/device and design and solve its circuit using transient response and Laplace transforms. It has to be a simple circuit, maybe just some capacitors, power source, switch and resistors... My biggest problem is finding a connection to a real device or application with such simple circuits! Any ideas??

Hi,

A simple circuit that has inductance could be a relay with transistor driver.

A simple circuit with a resistor and capacitor would be an RC filter with step input or even sine input.

A simple circuit with R, L and C would be an LC filter with input resistor and output load resistor, driven by a step input. That's a simpler 2nd order system.

I am not sure what level of complexity you are looking for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back