Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Transformless amplifier

Status
Not open for further replies.

jack121

Hi Thanks for reading.
I want to build a simple discrete amp with the absolutly lowest number of components possible, preferably a two stage with driver transistor and output transistor, as cheap as possible, i don't want to spend any serious money, just a few bucks.
As power supplies are expensive, do you know of any design that runs off the mains ac 240volts, just a bridge rectifier and smoothing capacitors, no transformer.
A cheap and cheerful amp for music reproduction that works and is stable, not concerned about hi-fi sound or super low distortion
Thanks

Hi Thanks for reading.
I want to build a simple discrete amp with the absolutly lowest number of components possible, preferably a two stage with driver transistor and output transistor, as cheap as possible, i don't want to spend any serious money, just a few bucks.
As power supplies are expensive, do you know of any design that runs off the mains ac 240volts, just a bridge rectifier and smoothing capacitors, no transformer.
A cheap and cheerful amp for music reproduction that works and is stable, not concerned about hi-fi sound or super low distortion
Thanks
The definition of insanity is asking the same question on multiple forums expecting more congenial results. Electronics is pretty much the same in all corners of the universe.

But he used many of the KEY words!

>Cheap

>Simple

>Little

>Cheerful (new one on me)

>Quick

>Dirty

So it must be possible

You can build a zero component amplifier, and it is pretty safe -

1657646768602.png

Regards, Dana.

1N34 diode radio plays music and very low number of parts. NO power supply. I received 1 of these for my birthday 1958. I built 1 in electronic class 1970. Diode is 1N34. I learned just from experimenting 2 diodes in parallel music is louder. Maybe diode resistance is less with 2 in parallel??? L1 & C1 are the resonance circuit for radio frequency that you want to receive. It will only power 1 ear plug type ear phone. Antenna is a 3 ft long wire with an alligator clip on the end. When I was 8 years old I had good hearing I could hear the music play fairly loud. I'm not sure what requirements are for the ear phone. When I was in high school stores had this same type radio that picked up TV sound no video but 6 months later no more for sale. Circuit drawing shows ground but factory radio had no ground and it works.

1N34-Radio.jpg

Here are a few bucks.

bucks.jpg

Last edited:
Hi! Could you explain more on your requirement? It would be helpful if you could let us know the voltage, ohms of the amplifier, power output, DI or AI, and terminal product. Good luck with the project!

1N34 diode radio plays music and very low number of parts. NO power supply. I received 1 of these for my birthday 1958. I built 1 in electronic class 1970. Diode is 1N34. I learned just from experimenting 2 diodes in parallel music is louder. Maybe diode resistance is less with 2 in parallel??? L1 & C1 are the resonance circuit for radio frequency that you want to receive. It will only power 1 ear plug type ear phone. Antenna is a 3 ft long wire with an alligator clip on the end. When I was 8 years old I had good hearing I could hear the music play fairly loud. I'm not sure what requirements are for the ear phone. When I was in high school stores had this same type radio that picked up TV sound no video but 6 months later no more for sale. Circuit drawing shows ground but factory radio had no ground and it works.

View attachment 137851

Here are a few bucks.

View attachment 137852
We called that a crystal set. I built one when I was 10 and listened to the moon landing on it.

Mike.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back