Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Transformer

S-fr

Hey there ,
I got a transformer that is 25-25-0 plus 12-12-0, both em are dual output i need to know if i can just connect em in this same order to get more voltage ik, at the end the total watts will be the same, and if that's possible, is this safe?

IF (big if) the 25-0-25 group is completely isolated from the 12-0-12 group, then
maybe.

If the transformer is in fact 25-12-0-12-25. then a big NO.

ak

Hey there ,
I got a transformer that is 25-25-0 plus 12-12-0, both em are dual output i need to know if i can just connect em in this same order to get more voltage ik, at the end the total watts will be the same, and if that's possible, is this safe?
Post the resistance across the outputs. What is the resistance between the two 0V secondaries?

What is the power required, V and I ?

Transformer datasheet, post .

Regards, Dana.
Well its a locally made one so there no datasheet, and i need somewhere between 35-0-35 and 40-0-40

Attachments

• IMG_20231107_140057_221.jpg
    IMG_20231107_140057_221.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 99
We are trying to determine if the 12 V windings and the 25 V windings are galvanically isolated. What is the resistance between one of the 25 V wires and one of the 12 V wires?

a) multi-megohms or infinite

b) anything else

ak

do you mean like this? This is 1:2 centre-tapped. That won't give 35~40 out on each leg.

1700536642298.png

Last edited:
Note that the max current output of the two windings in series, is the the max of the winding with the lowest rating.

Now the question is, does your meter read "True RMS" AC voltage, peak AC voltage or ...?
All multimeters are designed to read the RMS voltage of a sinewave.
Since this is a transformer sine-wave output, whether the meter is average responding, calibrated to read RMS, or a true RMS meter will have a negligible difference on the value measured.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back