Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Transformer question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Electronman

Hell Guys,

What's the difference of wounding the secondary wires of a transformer at:
1: when the wires are wound clockwise and while they are wound anticlockwise, if you know what I mean?
Is there any difference while we are wounding them?
Is that any thing to do with Flux and Voltage polarity in the secondary? What about causing heat?
Thanks

There is no difference other than the relative polarity of the output versus input voltage. And that makes no real difference since you just can just reverse connections to one of the windings to reverse the relative polarity anyway.

Typically I believe all windings are wound in the same direction since it likely mechanically simplest to do it that way.

Polarity means phase, that's important in some applications.

Thanks,

But I have heard that maybe it makes difference because when we put a load across the reverse secondary winding then maybe the flux infulances on the primary flux and causes heat and more current draw?

SO you are saying that there just will be an phase difference of zero when both primarry and secondary wires are clockwize and a 180 degrees phase difference when they are anticlockwize, Right?

Could you please provide a reference from where you've heard this?

You will need to provide more information before I (we I think) can make sense of that. I heard this from someone is not math.

Hell Guys,

What's the difference of wounding the secondary wires of a transformer

I was wounded once. I still have the scar. Nyuk!

The polarity of a winding reverses if you wind the winding in the opposite direction.

I've heard that they wound twansformers in the opposite diwection in Austwawia. I heard that it has something to do with the Coriolis force, a near-field force created by millions of Australian toilets.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back