Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Transformer powered robot

Status
Not open for further replies.

George L.

Hello everyone,

I was thinking of making a tiny robot that didn't need a battery or solar cell. I thought I could use the same idea that may electric toothbrushes use(the primary winding of a transformer is in the base of the charging unit, and the secondary winding is in the toothbrush. If I just used this my robot would only be able to operate in one spot.

Instead...could I put a large metal plate over the primary winding of a transformer, and the robot would have the secondary winding as its power source I think my robot would be able to operate anywhere on the metal plate....I think??? :? I only need about the amount of electricity that a small solar cell puts out. Would my idea work?

I would really appriciate some help.

thanks,

George L.

why do you "hate" batterys so much? you can buy rechargeble ones you know. it is much easyer and much smaler

I have nothing against batteries, they are my friends, its just that in the past I always have to change them, and charge them. Especially in this little robot I am trying to make which will run on coin cells if my transformer Idea won't work.

Will it work...I have no idea !!! does anyone know?

thanks George L.

as i dont kow, what this robot will be ding i suggest when objective is linefollower bot, then use on polarity on one sie of the line and another one on the other side (GND on the left and +5V on the right)
about the transfrmer idea, i'm sorry i dont have a clue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back