Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Transformer in proteus

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArivNidunami

I figure out a "saturated transformer" in proteus. Can anybody explain about this transformer? Thanks.

Last edited:
Possibly a ferro-resonant transformer? or 'constant voltage transformer' (CVT)?

If so then it's a supply transformer on which the output voltage doesn't vary with input voltage.

Most SPICE programs use ideal parts. Often if is possible to add in the imperfections found in the real world.
Most transformers and inductors in electronics simulation programs do not saturate. They will function at 1,000,000s of amps with no problem. A real transformer will saturate and maybe explode.

I do not fully understand your question. If you have a saturation transformer or inductor in SPICE, it has a inductance at low current. At the saturation point the inductance drops to very low. (saturation happens when the (voltage x time) or the (current) is too high.

Hope I understand your question.
Ron S.

You are reading too much into the proteus simulator... In the list of transformers you have pairs.. Ideal and saturated... One will simulate saturation and one wont.. If you list the properties, all the relevant windings, current, inductance, can all be tuned to your specific needs.. If you allow too much current, the simulator will show you the "real" simulation..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back