Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Transducer Substitution

Status
Not open for further replies.

tytower

Banned
I have a Navman 4100sx fishfinder but the transducer was cut and left on the old boat so now I have the electronics part with cabling but no transducer .

Does anyone know if an aftermarket transducer or replacement is available that will work ?
I note that Navman has become Northstar and my model is no longer listed so I suppose its been made obsolete by the new models.

Emails to their web site in NZ have just been ignored.

Last edited:
I have a Navman 4100sx fishfinder but the transducer was cut and left on the old boat so now I have the electronics part with cabling but no transducer .

Does anyone know if an aftermarket transducer or replacement is available that will work ?
I note that Navman has become Northstar and my model is no longer listed so I suppose its been made obsolete by the new models.

Emails to their web site in NZ have just been ignored.

hi,
Do you have any technical details of the sounder, frequency and power would be a start in suggesting an alternative.
EDIT:
I see from the web its 200kHz, about 50 to 80Watts

I did see a lot of sources of second hand parts on the web.
**broken link removed**

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back