Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

TrackBot development along with notes along the way

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krumlink

I am currently working on a robot that used the continous track's from solarbotics with GM9 Gear motors. At 6V these little motors can really have some torque and work great.

6V specs:
84 RPM
48mA no load
662mA stall

52.38in*oz stall torque

If you did not see the video(youtube) of the Gear motors and track package in action, visit the URL below:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Cc9PT0yqkc

I re-designed the body to be stronger and better overall. some great pictures are below:
47: Track package put together, GM9 on it, Teams 494 and team 70 buttons and a AA battery for size comparing.
49: picture of test track robot. motors wired directly to battery.
50: New body, much better, axle brackets prevent axle bending (last ones were plastic).
51. Underside of robot, showing the threaded rod for the axle. Bolts are perfect, axle length is perfect, right angle pieces to be cut down for streamlining.

As the title said, I will be updating this as I go with control circuitry and finalization of the body frame.

To do:
Finish body
Cut down axle brackets
Create motor brackets
Test and fix any potential problems
Create motor driver circuitry using SN754410
Create basic control circuitry

Looks like I will have a busy weekend on top of the competiton! :)

Attachments

• 4-5-08 047.jpg
    4-5-08 047.jpg
    475.4 KB · Views: 270
  • 4-5-08 049.jpg
    4-5-08 049.jpg
    411 KB · Views: 248
  • 4-5-08 050.jpg
    4-5-08 050.jpg
    429 KB · Views: 260
  • 4-5-08 051.jpg
    4-5-08 051.jpg