Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Trace stubs on power/ground lines

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frozenguy

I want to use the same board for two configurations, so it will leave stubs in one of the configurations.

First will be battery power only, with an ultralow schottky diode to protect against reverse polarity.

Second will be DC power with battery backup.

So the board will need traces for the DC header/diode even though they wont be used in config 1. Will these stubs be too much or do the decoupling caps take care of this type of noise? I could use jumpers, but would rather not if I don't need to.

Thanks!

Will these stubs be too much or do the decoupling caps take care of this type of noise?
Yes.
Those decoupling caps makes that point very resistant to any induced noise.
You don't have to worry about dangling stubs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back