Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Toyota Car cd/mp3 player

Status
Not open for further replies.

bryan1

Hi Guys,
I recently got a brandnew car radio cd/mp3 player out of a 2008 toyota hilux. I didnt get the connectors and extensive searching on google hasnt turned anything up either.

The Model is 08601-00930 and it was made by Fujustu Ten model no. 122001-71810151.

The reason I got it is for my shed where I'll be running it off my nife bank 24/7 and with several other cheap car radios I have here I cant get FM.

If anyone has the pinout details on this model I'll be wrapped if any info can be supplied.

Regards Bryan

Is this the actual factory fitted radio? - if so it 'may' only work in that exact car.

My 2003 Fiat Punto has the radio coded to the ECM, so it won't work in any other car (or out of a car), not even another Punto (although you can make it work in a different Punto, by entering a code).

Hi Nigel,
The radio isnt security coded I was told and if any issue arises I can get the original numbers etc off my mate. The input pins on this have 20 pins where my others only have 14 so I'm not sure of the connections. On my research last night this radio is a commonly fitted one in many toyota models and I did see the secondhand sale price as high as $500. All google turned up in several searchs was links to other forums where people were trying to sell them.

Regards Bryan

Hi Nigel,
The radio isnt security coded I was told and if any issue arises I can get the original numbers etc off my mate.

Hi Bryan,

I wasn't referring to the crude security coding, my radio is connected to the cars ECM, and will ONLY work in that car. You can enter a code in another Punto, but the code is entered in the car, NOT the radio (by repeatedly pressing the accelerator pedal).

This seems a far better security system than the usual crude security coding.

The input pins on this have 20 pins where my others only have 14 so I'm not sure of the connections. On my research last night this radio is a commonly fitted one in many toyota models and I did see the secondhand sale price as high as $500. All google turned up in several searchs was links to other forums where people were trying to sell them.

I've just replaced my radio with a Sony CDX-GT31U, only £99 and includes RDS radio, MP3/CD, AUX, and even a USB input - absolutely amazing for the money, I'm VERY happy with it.

The new radio came with a suitable lead for plugging directly in the car, so I presume it's a standard fitting for the majority of modern cars?.

Have you considered a search for service manuals for the donor vehicle or similar other models. I found a CD on eBay for my Tocoma which had pinouts for all the electrics.
Worth a try.:D

The new radio came with a suitable lead for plugging directly in the car, so I presume it's a standard fitting for the majority of modern cars?.

Just checked the old radio, it has a 20 pin socket, an 8 pin socket (speakers), and a 7 pin one (8 with one missing - power etc.)

The 20 pin socket connected to the wiring loom, and (I think) isn't used by the Sony adaptor lead, it has CAN bus and all sorts of things on it for connecting to an external boot mounted CD player (which I don't have). I presume the ECM connected to it via this socket?.

G'day Guys,
Well I finally found a generic pinout for toyota's and thought what the hell might aswell just try it. It turned out it was spot on and when I connected the power and ground the unit came to life. I then connected all the speaker pins and set it up on my nife bank. A quick search on FM got all my favorite stations and man is the radio outputting clean music. I took a disk with a heap of mp3's and they also worked perfect so finally I have a decent radio/cd/mp3 player for the shed. And no security code issues to worry about.

cheers Bryan

The articles you have on your website are always so enjoyable to read. Good work and I bookmarked it.check my guide on <a href="http://audio-cdplayers.com/car-cd-player-2">car cd player</a>. thank you

Toyota mp3 PLAYER

Hi Brian. I have the same model MP3 player that you have. Just wondering if I can get a wiring diagram. Don't seem to be able to find one on the web. Can't fit it without the diagram.
Is it right, that it doesn't need a security code to get it going?
Alex

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back