Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Touch Sensitive Power on switch

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can use the 555 set up for touch. Just make a simple little touch pad. After work today I'll try and make a suggestion.

Ron

OK, what you drew would work. Computer case should equal ground (even with some paint on it) but not real important. The 555 circuit I provided should work with that. That or as I mentioned make a pad. Just find some board material that is copper clad and cut out a circular piece. Then file away the copper and make a slot down the center. You now have two conductive halves. Run a short twisted pair and connect to each side of the slotted pad. Placing a finger on the pad will bridge the gap and that should do it.

Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back