Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

TOUCH LAMP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gregory

I HAVE A TOUCH LAMP 240V SUPPLY 50 HZ
I HAVE REPLACED THE ELECTROLYITC CAPS AND THE TRIAC AND MEASURED THE RESISTORS AND DIODS AND REPLACED THE POLY CAPS.

WHEN I PLUG THE LIGHT INTO A POWER POINT AT THE SHOP IT WORKS BUT WHEN I TAKE IT HOME IT WILL NOT WORK IN ANY POINT IN THE HOUSE.
CAN YOU ADVISE ME WHY THIS IS AND HOW TO RECTIFY THE PROBLEM.
THE IC IN THE LAMP IS TT6061A
IS THERE A SUBSTITUTE FOR THIS IC

Sounds like your house is f*cked. sorry not very helpful I know. It might be a good idea to work out what the difference is between your shop and your house supply. And if it works in your shop anymore, transporting it might have shaken the bulb to buggery.

Look at the cost of parts, look at the value of your time.
Like so many things today , if it don't work,
GO BUY A NEW ONE.

..and yet again, ALL CAPS IS CONSIDERED YELLING!

Gregory said:
I HAVE A TOUCH LAMP 240V SUPPLY 50 HZ
I HAVE REPLACED THE ELECTROLYITC CAPS AND THE TRIAC AND MEASURED THE RESISTORS AND DIODS AND REPLACED THE POLY CAPS.

WHEN I PLUG THE LIGHT INTO A POWER POINT AT THE SHOP IT WORKS BUT WHEN I TAKE IT HOME IT WILL NOT WORK IN ANY POINT IN THE HOUSE.
CAN YOU ADVISE ME WHY THIS IS AND HOW TO RECTIFY THE PROBLEM.
THE IC IN THE LAMP IS TT6061A
IS THERE A SUBSTITUTE FOR THIS IC

Watch the caps. and before agreeing with poster #2 that your house is f***ed, try other appliances compatible with the voltage in your house. If absolutely NOTHING works (not even a single lightbulb) in your house, then I suggest you go to the nearest place with electricity and call hydro (or your electric company) for help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back