Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

touch dimmer reseting

Status
Not open for further replies.

haris_216

Hi there
Recently I came across a problem with one touch dimmer I have build from a kit years ago. this is an electronic dimmer with two metal touch plates. By touching those plates momentarily the light will switch on or off (both will work the same). If you keep one pressed for longer it will dim the light while other will "go" up. Momentary on/off will switch the light to brightness that was before switching off. Unit will reset to minimum brightness only after mains power off.
This unit worked perfectly for many years. Recently I moved it to some other room. Just below this switch is the switch controling the motor lowering the tents. The problem is that now whenever I use the tent switch it will reset the dimmer to low brightness. Then I have to use the dimmer to raise the light.
OK I know it's not the end of the world but I'm wondering if anybody has some idea how to overcome the problem (and look like genius to my wife;)) . I don't know if it is of any help but I live in greece so the mains is 220 AC
Thanks in advance to all that will take the time and read this (not small) post and even more those that can "point" to the right direction;)

You might get more help if you post the schematic.

How do you know?

Has he asked the same question with a schematic on another forum or are you just having fun?

I guess hero is right. I should have posted the diagram. sorry guys. I'll try to find and scan it and come back to you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back