Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

toshiba power supply

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think the SD1700 is a UK model, so I can't download you the service manual - but seeing as it looks to use the same duff capacitors in the PSU, perhaps it's similar to the UK SD110?.

I can happily send you a PDF of the manual for that.

Low audio problem

My dvd player (sd 1700u) plays video just fine but I can barely hear the audio. will the c928/929 cap replacement fix this or is there also another bad component?

Thanks,
Rut

Re: Low audio problem

rutledj said:
My dvd player (sd 1700u) plays video just fine but I can barely hear the audio. will the c928/929 cap replacement fix this or is there also another bad component?

As I mentioned previously, I've never heard of an SD1700, so presumably it's not a UK model - but the SD110 and various other UK models suffer from no sound and very little sound, caused by the capacitors I mentioned. Try removing C928, and replacing the other three.

dead SD-1700U

I have a unit with a blown main fuse and was able to purchase a used unit on ebay to help troubleshoot problem. I could only find the Q801 shorted and replaced it with a NTE2387. Still did not resolve problem but fuse does not blow now. I contacted local parts distributor for schematic of unit and they want $50.00 for a CD of variouse Toshiba equiptment. Don't want to sink that much into a service manual at this point. Checked Sams Photofacts and they have no listing.
After finding this forum, I will check the zener diode to see if that is shorted also. If anyone has a copy of the schematic on this unit I would appreciate having it!

Re: dead SD-1700U

Butchie74 said:
I have a unit with a blown main fuse and was able to purchase a used unit on ebay to help troubleshoot problem. I could only find the Q801 shorted and replaced it with a NTE2387. Still did not resolve problem but fuse does not blow now. I contacted local parts distributor for schematic of unit and they want $50.00 for a CD of variouse Toshiba equiptment. Don't want to sink that much into a service manual at this point. Checked Sams Photofacts and they have no listing.
After finding this forum, I will check the zener diode to see if that is shorted also. If anyone has a copy of the schematic on this unit I would appreciate having it!

Found zener diode was bad as well as the 1.8 ohm resistor was open. Ordered the diode and resistor and replaced them. Now it works fine. Will go ahead and install the 56k resistor as suggested to help prevent this from happening again. Glad to find this forum as it helped alot!!!

Toshiba Power Supply thread

Great postings here mates!
I also have a dead PC-POWER-2700 (9823128100) like some others seem to have, however none of the caps are C9xx, they are all C8xx. Is this board an earlier series perhaps?
Thanks in advance

To all who are still hav'n problems fix'n this PS...

To all who are still hav'n problems fix'n this PS...

I finally fixed this critter! I'd changed all the parts that were recomended to change and it still didn't work. The final problem turned out to be the switching transformer (I forgot the designation number tho). So if anyone has changed all the components as recomended and it's STILL not working, definetly suspect the transformer.

I checked it with an ohm meter 1st and found that there was no +DC going thru it to the switch transistor... obviously an open winding. Then I inspected it with a magnafying glass and found that a few of the windings were melted in two and I couldn't fix it. So I got a new one.

All the replacement parts for this power supply can be obtained from
PACIFIC COAST PARTS (Phone 310-515-0207).

Hope this helps.

Cheerz!

ben_w said:
Thanks anyway Doug. I checked all the components (including the caps) and found the FET Q801 was shorted across the gate and source and the zener diode (D808) on the gate was also shorted. I replaced D808 with a 6.8V zener and the FET FS3KM (a Mitsubishi part) and the DVD player started working again.

Thanks for the tip. I have a Toshiba SD-1700 that was fried by a power surge. I replaced D808 with a 6.8V 0.5W zener diode, and I replaced Q801 with an IRF830 N-Ch 500 Volt 4.5 A MOSFET Transistor. I also added a 56.2 kOhm 3/4W 1% Metal Film Resistor to the empty resistor spot by the fuse (I don't remember the ID number), since I heard that would help avoid future overloading of the FET and zener.

Much to my amazement, it actually worked. I had never done a repair like this, but I figured I didn't have much to loose. For anyone else in the same boat, the following pages helped me immensely with proper soldering technique:

alex2976 said:
Did you find the power supply?, let me know as soon as you can
Try finding a used unit on eBay. Sometimes, you can pull a perfectly good power supply out of an existing machine:
  • **broken link removed**
Just be careful you don't buy a unit with a defective PS, and you will be in business.

Toshiba SD 1700 DVD player wont power up

I replaced Q801 with the IRF830 and The diode with a 6.8V 1/2W zener, as advised. I also put in a new fuse.

Now it won't even power up. Before it would blow a fuse. The orientation of the installed parts is correct.

Should I chuck the player? Or try something else? Could someone verify that the IRF830 is a reliable cross to the Mitsubishi FS3KM part?

I don't want to keep sinking time and money into a lost cause. I saw someone else mentioned replacing Q802 as well. What is a cross for that part that I could find at Mouser Electronics?

TIA.

greg said:
I need a power supply for a toshiba dvd player, SD 1700 U (PC Power 2700).
Por favor quien tenga el diagrama electronico de este power suply y puede compartirlo conmigo se lo agradeceria

D808 - A Zener, Silicon or Germanium doode?

I'd like to know why everyone is calling D808 a zener? I pulled out D808 from my Toshiba SD-1700 and it is labeled B30.

NTE Cross is NTE109 a fast switching Germanium diode.
Someone else posted ECG519 is or crosses to NTE519, a silicon diode.

Does anyone really know what the correct diode to use is?

Re: D808 - A Zener, Silicon or Germanium doode?

analogman2006 said:
I'd like to know why everyone is calling D808 a zener? I pulled out D808 from my Toshiba SD-1700 and it is labeled B30.

People are calling it a zener diode because it is one! - it's even labelled as one, B30 means it's a 30V zener diode.

As Sebi suggested, it's a protection component from the gate to ground.

Thanks, I did finally find information on it to confirm the zener as you all replied. I did replace it with a 6.8V as suggested in other posts. The 1.8 ohm resistor was also open. Does anyone know what the wattage for this resistor is? (I do not have a schematic for this unit.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back