Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Toshiba LCD LTD121KM1K

Status
Not open for further replies.

bayowar

Hi,

I'm looking for a Toshiba LTD121KM1K datasheet. Pinout of the display itself would be enough. It's a 30pin connector, single row.

The display + wacom digitizer was used in the M200 line of tablet PCs.

Cheers :)

OK, maybe asking for a specific datasheet is a bit much.

Does anybody know similar 12" Toshiba screens from around 2004?

If it's a 30pin connector, am I looking at digital or LVDS?

I have that panel, its a 32 pin connector. No mfg marking, the mating cable connector is stamped JAE on the grounding shield. However, copious searches on JAE, does not yield a 30 pin connector of that flavor, just 30pin.

On the PCB of the LCD, you can see where they label pin 1 and then pin 32 at the other end.

I have had no luck finding the datasheet on that panel...
[EDIT] The connector on the cable side is 30 pin - the board connector is 30pin, but two additional "pins" that are shield grounds.
The connector is made by JAE , and initially looks to be a FI-X series connector. I have to verify some of the spec measurements to be sure.

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply.

What are your thoughts, is there any chance I could hook this to a desktop PC without an additional controller?

I'm new to this sort of thing, and the lack of documentation has me stumped.

No problem, glad to help. Its LVDS. The majority of panels that I have hacked on are LVDS. In fact some of the spec sheets even mention which TI chip to use on the transmit side etc.
Thats for the additional information - You won't be able to hook any panel up straight forward to a PC via a DVI connection. The reason for this in basic terms is that the LVDS signal is low power, and is translated to DVI via a chip so that it can run the 4-6ft without signal degradation to the monitor. You also would have to drive the CCFL tube to backlight the panel to see the picture. There are lots of links on google etc on what you can do to hook up an LCD to a PC. But its not straight forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back